South of the North Saskatchewan river, bounded by the Whitemud and Blackmud Ravines on the west and Calgary Trail on the East and extending to the city's southern boundary, Ward 10 is home to 78,075 people – roughly 9.7% of Edmonton's population.
Here's some quick statistics about who lives in Ward 10, from the 2016 municipal census:
- 38.5% of residents have lived in the area for 5 years or more
- 43.9% of residents report owning their homes, while 42% rent
- 65.9% of residents drive as their main mode of transportation, 20.5% use public transit, 3.8% walk and 1.8% ride bikes
- 8.1% of residents report a household income of less than $30,000; the largest segment of respondents (28.44%) report a household income of between $30,000 and $100,000
- 4.34% of residents report being post-secondary students, 28.2% are employed full-time, 12.8% are retired, and 3.9% are unemployed